The latest issue of Make Modern is out! Click here to head to their website to purchase this latest copy. Here is a sneak peak inside:
If you’re like every quilter we’ve ever met (ourselves included), you’ve got a fabric stash that exceeds the projects you’re working on … whether it’s scraps from past projects, designer bundles you couldn’t resist, fabric for future projects or fabric you’ve purchased just because. Many of us may have more fabric than we’ll use in a lifetime! If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place because we have declared 2020 to be the year we help you analyse, organise and harness the power in your fabric stash …. and SMASH THAT STASH!
Join our year long block swap and get MOTIVATED to smash your stash with us. Discover the importance of proper pressing and learn how to plan a charity quilt drive. MAKE our clever curved triangle quilt, the cutest cat cushion, or pair gradating solids with crisp white to make our stunning cover quilt. MEET quilters Kirsty Cleverly and Paige Anderson. Happy stash busting!
Make Modern magazines are jam-packed with modern quilt patterns suitable for beginner quilters to advanced, and articles about modern quilting guaranteed to make you smile, inspire you to quilt outside your comfort zone, and start making modern quilts today. Our beautiful patchwork magazine is published independently by a team of quilters, and priced at just AU$10 (approx. US$7, CA$9, €6 or £5).
*Price in AUD converted to your currency during checkout. Make Modern is a digital modern quilt magazine available worldwide. Instantly download the 100+ page PDF to your device and print pages as you like.
- Tic Tac Toe Quilt by Carrie Wikander (@thezenquilter)
- Cattitude Cushion by Heulwen Price
- Hollow Point Quilt by Morgan Collaine (@cedarmakerie)
- Knotted Quilt by Lauren Engelken (@little_snouts_studio)
- Radiate Mini Quilt by Sarah Chimblo (@srhsews)
- Relish Quilt by Jen Shaffer (@patternsbyjen)
- Irish Pinwheel by Angie Wilson (@gnomeangel)
- Curved Triangles by Margo Yang (@quiltmagic)
- Triangle Dreams by Cait Lisle (@caitlisle)
- Eternal Moment by Simone Fisher (@simonequilts)
- Smash That Stash: What’s In Your Stash by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Smash That Stash: 2020 Block Swap by Angie Wilson (@gnomeangel)
- Charity Sewing: How to Plan a Quilt Drive by Leanne Parsons (@devotedquilter)
- Camp Sewcial 2019 by Jane Kelly (@janekelly)
- Gallery: #teenytinypinnieparade hosted by Cheri Lehnow (@tinkerellen)
- Meet the Maker: Kirsty Cleverly (@bonjourquilts)
- Meet the Maker: Paige Anderson (@ponderosacreative)
- Tips + Techniques by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts): Pressing Matters
- The Hustle by Angie Wilson (@gnomeangel): Leaving Your Comfort Zone
- Quilt Like a Rock Star by HollyAnne Knight (@stringandstory): Longarming with Sherilyn Mortensen
- Fabric Love by Chelsea O’Hayre (@pinkdoorfabrics): New Year, New Fabric!
- Library: Sisterhood of Scraps by Lissa Alexander, Quilt Modern Curves and Bold Stripes by Heather Black and Daisy Aschehong, Millefiori Quilts 4 by Willyne Hammerstein, and The Ultimate Thread Guide by Becky Goldsmith